Welcome to Schiller Wordsmith Centre
“Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing”.
Schiller Wordsmith Centre is an integral part of the school staffed with friendly and professional teachers as well as students who will be able to receive assistance to develop skills required for the learning process. It will maintain a spirit of respectful and enthusiastic collaboration. At the Schiller Wordsmith centre, we see its diversity as an advantage rather than an obstacle and will value the voices of all. The centre fosters engagement and co-learning between teachers, students and faculty at all times. We focus on the four basic skills of reading, writing, speaking, and listening in addition to providing instruction in grammar and vocabulary. Thus, the long-term goal for every session is to be to help each student to become a versatile person overall.
• Active encouragement of reading for pleasure is the core part of every student’s educational entitlement
• Extensive reading and exposure to wide range of books make a vital contribution to every student’s educational achievement
• Teachers foster a love of reading, that is passed on to students and also encourage students to share their reading experience and make recommendations to each other
.• Make all its members not only Good Readers but also Creative Writers too.• Aid its members in the in the creation of original works;
• Discuss and critique works of all kinds;• Form a community of mutual support and creative endeavours
• Help students to publish their own works as books annually• Conduct Creative Writing Workshops for its members
• To develop the art of reading
• To develop the extensive reading habits
• To explore world literatures
• To introduce the books released recently.
• To give a glimpse of major ideas, philosophies and ideologies
Need help? Book an appointment!
Schiller School students or members can book an appointment here